Student Media offers Mason students the opportunity to directly apply academic skills in a hands-on environment, and we believe that faculty collaboration is integral to our mission of student success.
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more. Here are just a few of the ways faculty members can partner with Student Media:
• Studio Rentals — Reserve one of our state-of-the-art radio studios for interviews or student projects (ISDN-equipped).
• onMason.com — Utilize our free online blogging platform in the classroom for student portfolio projects or writing assignments.
• Class Visits — Schedule a class visit so your students can learn more about exciting media opportunities available to them.
• For-Credit Options — Help students earn internship credit through one of our 12 unique media groups or encourage them to submit original work for extra credit in your class.
• Sample Content — Use content from one of our scholarly or literary journals as source material for readings or critiques.
• Co-Curricular Workshops — Refer students to one of our six 1-credit COMM courses.
• Recommend a Student
• Serve as a Contest Judge
Faculty Brown Bag Lunches
The professional staff of Student Media frequently hosts faculty brown bag lunches to create ongoing relationships with academic faculty members and hear their thoughts on ways we can work together to benefit Mason students. Faculty members and academic advisers work closely with Mason’s talented students every day and we hope to learn from their expertise to form new connections with outstanding students who can benefit from our publishing, media production, and professional development opportunities.
If you would like to attend one of our brown bag lunch discussions, please email Rodger Smith at email@example.com to request an invite.
Don’t hesitate to contact us if you have questions or would like to more information about our programs or services.
- 12/07/2018: Happy Birthday, George!