Student Media is an office of University Life.
University Life supports every student at Mason from orientation through graduation and prepares Mason students for the demands of work, social responsibility, and life in an ever-changing global society.
University Life is committed to student growth and success in everything students do, providing services and resources to help students succeed and offers activities that instill a sense of belonging and Mason pride.
University Life is also responsible for ensuring a productive university community. That includes enforcing student conduct and honor code expectations.
The division is home to 29 offices, over 350 professional staff, and more than 1300 student staff all dedicated to ensuring that every Mason student is successful, inside the classroom and outside, from orientation through graduation.
The Patriot Experience
Patriot Experience is a new co-curriculum program at Mason geared toward student growth beyond the classroom. The Patriot Experience captures students’ involvement through four different pathway areas: Well-Being, Career Readiness, Civic Learning and Community Engagement, and Global and Multicultural Competency.
• Looking to develop new ways to stay healthy and build resiliency?
• Would you like to discover your strengths and talents?
• Interested in making a positive change in your communities?
• Want to explore the diversity that is at the heart of Mason and beyond?
The Patriot Experience allows you to capture your involvement and record your active engagement and participation in activities, conferences, trainings, campus employment, and so much more. As you engage in intentional learning with the Patriot Experience, you will be challenged to grow as a person, citizen and leader. Engage and thrive by maximizing your Mason experience and demonstrating your involvement, learning, and contributions outside the classroom through your customized GetConnected profile.
Follow @MasonPatriotExp to stay connected:
- WGST Director and Professor, Dr. Hattery and Sociologist Dr. Smith will deliver the plenary session at the 2019 NASPA Sexual Violence Prevention & Response Conference
- Join University Life for the 2019 Student Success Professional Symposium
- Mason to celebrate student success at Winter Graduation
- 2018 Family of the Year – The Zakin Family
- Gold Rush 2018 provided a rush of excitement
- A little rain didn’t stop Mason students from visiting the polls
- Family of the Year inspires student to embrace her passion
- National ranking puts Mason at the head of the table for campus dining
- Host an INTO Mason Student for Thanksgiving Dinner
- Standing in Solidarity