Fourth Estate is available in print every Monday with breaking news and exclusive Mason content online daily.
Click on an issue below to read online:
Fourth Estate is George Mason University’s official student-run newspaper that serves Mason’s 39,000+ students, faculty, staff, and alumni. Print editions hit newsstands every Monday and breaking news is updated online daily during the academic year. Fourth Estate showcases in-depth features, investigative reporting, and insights into campus life with weekly distribution to Mason’s Fairfax, Arlington, and Prince William campuses. In addition, Student Media has partnered with Northern Virginia Community College (NOVA) to distribute Fourth Estate twice monthly on all six of NOVA’s area campuses, dramatically broadening readership.
Mason’s student-run newspaper dates back to 1963 and the founding of The Gunston Ledger. The newspaper was renamed Broadside in 1969 and operated under that name until 2013 when Broadside merged with online news site Connect2Mason to create Fourth Estate in an effort to better serve the needs of the Mason community.
The Hub Suite 1201, MS 2C5
4400 University Drive
Fairfax, VA 22030
Fall 2019 Staff:
Find a Copy
- Poor Shooting Slows Down Patriots Natalie Heavren
- Javon Greene’s career-high not enough to edge Mason past Richmond Natalie Heavren
- Virginia Supreme Court Rules Against Transparent GMU Jack Harvey
- Mason Men’s Basketball Improves to 10-1 With a Win Over American Natalie Heavren
- Mason improves to 9-1 in a lackluster performance against Jacksonville State Natalie Heavren