Fourth Estate is available in print every Monday with breaking news and exclusive Mason content online daily.
Click on an issue below to read online:
Fourth Estate is George Mason University’s official student-run newspaper that serves Mason’s 39,000+ students, faculty, staff, and alumni. Print editions hit newsstands every Monday and breaking news is updated online daily during the academic year. Fourth Estate showcases in-depth features, investigative reporting, and insights into campus life with weekly distribution to Mason’s Fairfax, Arlington, and Prince William campuses. In addition, Student Media has partnered with Northern Virginia Community College (NOVA) to distribute Fourth Estate twice monthly on all six of NOVA’s area campuses, dramatically broadening readership.
Mason’s student-run newspaper dates back to 1963 and the founding of The Gunston Ledger. The newspaper was renamed Broadside in 1969 and operated under that name until 2013 when Broadside merged with online news site Connect2Mason to create Fourth Estate in an effort to better serve the needs of the Mason community.
The Hub Suite 1201, MS 2C5
4400 University Drive
Fairfax, VA 22030
2017-2018 Staff List:
Find a Copy
- Three Takeaways from Men’s Basketball’s Dominant Win Over URI Natalie Heavren
- Three Takeaways from Women’s Basketball’s Loss to Houston Natalie Heavren
- Three Takeaways from Men’s Basketball’s Win over James Madison Natalie Heavren
- Four Takeaways from Women’s Basketball’s Win over Delaware Natalie Heavren
- Hannibal Buress Performs at Mason Billy Ferguson