Fourth Estate is available in print every Monday with breaking news and exclusive Mason content online daily.
Click on an issue below to read online:
Fourth Estate is George Mason University’s official student-run newspaper that serves Mason’s 39,000+ students, faculty, staff, and alumni. Print editions hit newsstands every Monday and breaking news is updated online daily during the academic year. Fourth Estate showcases in-depth features, investigative reporting, and insights into campus life with weekly distribution to Mason’s Fairfax, Arlington, and Prince William campuses. In addition, Student Media has partnered with Northern Virginia Community College (NOVA) to distribute Fourth Estate twice monthly on all six of NOVA’s area campuses, dramatically broadening readership.
Mason’s student-run newspaper dates back to 1963 and the founding of The Gunston Ledger. The newspaper was renamed Broadside in 1969 and operated under that name until 2013 when Broadside merged with online news site Connect2Mason to create Fourth Estate in an effort to better serve the needs of the Mason community.
Contact Fourth Estate:
The Hub Suite 1201 (lower level next to Mail Services)
The Hub Suite 1201, MS 2C5
4400 University Drive
Fairfax, VA 22030
Spring 2021 Staff:
Find a Copy
- HAYDEN CENTER HOSTS ADAM SCHIFF TO DISCUSS STATE OF THE INTELLIGENCE COMMUNITY Lianna Brown
- A HIGHER MINIMUM WAGE ISN’T THE ONLY WAY TO HELP WORKERS aroshan
- MASON STUDENT FILMMAKER GAINS INTERNATIONAL ATTENTION Maggie Roth
- MEN’S BASKETBALL DEFEATS LA SALLE FOR LARGEST A-10 WIN IN PROGRAM HISTORY Domenic Allegra
- HISTORY IS MORE THAN AVOIDING PAST MISTAKES lukeharris2